In an Emergency do not hesitate to go directly to our Emergency Department located at 75 Spring Street, Almonte.
The Emergency Department is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week with a physician on call at all times. On off hours, the Emergency Room Physician provides services to all of Almonte General Hospital and Fairview Manor.
Nurses and physicians are available to provide expert and immediate care to those requiring treatment for sudden and serious medical and surgical emergencies.
To serve you better, we have implemented a five level triage system. Highest priority is given to those who are critically ill. Upon assessment, people with the most serious illnesses or injuries will be treated first.
The goals of triage:
- To rapidly identify patients with life-threatening conditions
- To determine the most appropriate treatment
- To decrease congestion in emergency treatment areas
Every patient will be seen by a registered nurse with special skills and training in triage. Patients should let the nurse know if their condition gets worse
Please be aware that “off work” or “sick notes” are NOT available through the Emergency Department.
What are my alternatives to the Emergency Department?
- Call your family doctor or primary health care provider
- Telehealth Ontario: If you have an illness or injury you can call Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000 and speak to a nurse over the phone. This is a 24 hour, 7 day a week service if you live in Ontario.
- Find a doctor or nurse practitioner: Health Care Connect helps people find a doctor or nurse practitioner who are taking new patients. You can register with Health Care Connect by calling 1-800-445-1822 or register online at ontario.ca/healthcareconnect
- Ontario 211: 211 is a helpline and online database of Ontario’s community and social services. 211 is answered and updated by highly-trained specialists. Call 2-1-1. This is a free, confidential, live answer service offered 24/7.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact the Emergency Room Manager at ext. 2120.