Keeping everyone safe
We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation. We want to ensure everyone’s safety and well-being. We continue to serve the urgent health care needs of our communities through Almonte General Hospital and Lanark County Paramedic Services and to care for residents at Fairview Manor. We are following all procedures as directed by Public Health and the Ministry of Health.
Things are changing quickly so please visit the website often for ongoing updates.
What You Need to Know
- If you think you may have Coronavirus symptoms and have travelled outside Canada or believe you have been in contact with an infected person, please call Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-000), your family physician or the Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit (1-800-660-5853). You can also make an appointment at the Assessment Centre in Almonte (see below).
- The Ministry of Health has an online Coronavirus assessment tool that provides helpful information. It is easy to use. By answering a few questions, you will be able to make informed choices about what to do based on your needs.
- If you have a medical emergency, please call 9-1-1. You will be asked screening questions by the person who takes your call and by the Lanark County Paramedic Service staff who arrive.
COVID-19 Assessment Centre in Almonte
The COVID-19 Assessment Centre is operated by physicians and staff from Almonte General Hospital, Carleton Place & District Memorial Hospital and the Lanark County Paramedic Service, in partnership with the Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit. This Centre is only for COVID-19 assessments.
Learn more about the Assessment Centre in Almonte.
Access your test results online.
Coming to Almonte General Hospital or Fairview Manor
- Everyone coming to AGH must use the main entrance (7 am to 8 pm) or the Emergency Department entrance (for emergencies and obstetrical patients). Each person will be screened at the door and given a mask before entry. Staff and physicians are being screened as well.
- The Emergency Department is open for those requiring emergency care. We are taking all of the necessary precautions to keep everyone safe. All patients are screened and those with COVID-19 symptoms move to a separate area.
- We have introduced new hospital visitor guidelines. Click here for full details.
- Scheduled visits at Fairview Manor are now possible. Click here for full details.
- Family and friends can send virtual cards through our website by visiting www.almontegeneral.com/ecards.
- Obstetrics patients may bring one support person when they come to the Hospital. That person will be the only visitor allowed for the duration of the patient’s stay in the Hospital (i.e. before and after the baby’s birth). Read more.
- The Day Hospital will be closed until further notice.
- AGH and FVM’s volunteer programs have been suspended. We look forward to welcoming our volunteers back soon.
- The AGH-FVM Foundation offices are temporarily closed with the exception of Wednesday afternoons between 2 and 4 pm. Managing Director Al Roberts can be reached at 613-256-2500 ext. 2297 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All group events and programming have been suspended. This includes workshops and evening events.
Thank you to the members of our communities for your generous donations to help us ensure the safety and well-being of patients, staff, and physicians. We are pleased to provided details on how to donate personal protective equipment, home-made materials and support for our staff and physicians.
Please visit our COVID-19 donations page for full details or contact Cindy Skebo at email@example.com to make arrangements.
Get the Facts
To reduce the spread of germs including the flu and COVID-19, remember to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth unless you have just cleaned your hands
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue or into your arm, not your hand
- Stay home if you’re sick
Thank you to Dr. Karen Turcotte, Chief of Emergency Medicine, for sharing her expert advice related to COVID-19.
For the latest information about Coronavirus, please visit credible websites such as:
Other Community Services
To learn more about other community services, please visit their websites. We are pleased to share some of those updates:
During this time of increased pressures, the professionalism, compassion and teamwork of the staff and medical staff at Almonte General Hospital, Fairview Manor and Lanark County Paramedic Service is to be commended.
Thank you for your understanding as we work together to protect everyone’s safety and well-being.